Stafford Borough Council is offering a new form of discretionary grant to support small and micro businesses that did not qualify for Small Business or Retail Leisure and Hospitality Grants.
Applications for a new Local Authority Discretionary Grant (LADG) can be made until July 13 via LADG Online Application Form
To be eligible businesses must:
- have been trading from their premises on 11 March 2020
- have significant fixed property costs (not exceeding £51,000 per year)
- have a rateable value that does not exceed £51,000
- have suffered a significant loss of income due to the Covid-19 crisis
- be a small or micro company, satisfying at least 2 out of the following criteria – employ under 50 people, have an annual turnover not exceeding £10.2m, have balance sheet assets not exceeding £5.1m
Businesses cannot access these new LADGs if they have received a disqualifying grant or
government support, including:
- Small Business Grant
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- The Fisheries Response Fund
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS)
- The Zoos Support Fund
- The Dairy Hardship Fund
Stafford Borough Council will determine awards from 13 July onwards according to the
available funding available at that time. It will take into consideration the nature of the
business (prioritising the manufacturing and engineering sectors), the number of
employees, property costs and the level of income lost.
For further details about Stafford Borough Council’s latest Local Authority Discretionary Grant scheme visit https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/ladg, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 619000.
For advice on making an application for a LADG, call us on 01785 243276.